Followers

Powered By Blogger

Abouts

A humble Malaysian's poetry blog, with a bit of fluff here and there. Reflections on love, life, spirituality, the human psyche and yes, the dark rivers of the heart.

1) To view all poems or personal 'picks', use the 'category' or 'recent posts' tab.
2) To view featured blogs, use the 'menu' tab.

No lyrics harmed in the making of this blog.

about me

> malaysian
> catholic
> iban
> computer nerd
> ex-CSSUPMer
> male
> introvert
> slacker
> sophisticatedly uncomplicated
> romantically unromantic
> desperate for glory
> arsenal fan (help!)
> hard to impress
> still sane
> can be an ass
> drives like an ass
> devil's advocate
> tells it like it is
> sucker for pets


⊆ 9:23 AM by Pete | ˜ 3 comments »



I lie awake
In the still of the night

Talking to myself again...
As the sound of your voice,
Carries through
the breeze
As whispers in my ears,
As many nights before
...
As I see you again,
Time and again
And time again,
Only to lose you again..
And in my heart,
I wonder
If it's worth the pain,
The trials and tribulations
Standing between us
and this thing we have...
Will it last somehow,
or be lost forever
In the land of our dreams?
But wherever the answer lies,
or where it cares be
One thing for certain is,
I'm losing my mind...
To have but a shadow of you...
But not to be with you...
Not to laugh with you...
Not to cry with you...
Not to touch your face...
Not being there
To make your tears go away...
Without you,
I'd rather we've never met
Than to have met,
and be torn apart..


3 Responses to

  1. Taufiq (Milky Tea) Says:
    Sigh. Wonderful. How I miss my mother... What a poignant way to start a sunday. She was a beautiful lady she was, my mum. Can I link to you my little blog? Am a newbie.
  2. Anonymous Says:
    thanks for reading, and yes, you're welcome to link it :)
    -pete
  3. Milky Tea Says:
    Linked! You are the first of hopefully, many, many more. Godbless and have a great rest of the night (not great for Argentina). Hehehe.

= Leave a Reply