Followers

Powered By Blogger

Abouts

A humble Malaysian's poetry blog, with a bit of fluff here and there. Reflections on love, life, spirituality, the human psyche and yes, the dark rivers of the heart.

1) To view all poems or personal 'picks', use the 'category' or 'recent posts' tab.
2) To view featured blogs, use the 'menu' tab.

No lyrics harmed in the making of this blog.

about me

> malaysian
> catholic
> iban
> computer nerd
> ex-CSSUPMer
> male
> introvert
> slacker
> sophisticatedly uncomplicated
> romantically unromantic
> desperate for glory
> arsenal fan (help!)
> hard to impress
> still sane
> can be an ass
> drives like an ass
> devil's advocate
> tells it like it is
> sucker for pets


A Mother's Poem

⊆ 8:12 PM by Pete | ˜ 0 comments »



When I’m gone,
will you remember me?

My moment of passing,
or of our journey?

Am I to you,
as you are to me

My little one and only?
The journey we had,
the hugs and kisses

When I gave up my dreams,
and gave you yours

When I told you
what I needed to

Did I raise you to be,
who I wanted you to be?

Or did I teach you to be,
who you needed to be?

Had I failed you, and if I had, would it matter if I'm sorry?
But no matter what, those days of struggle,
with you to cuddle

I’d do it again –all of it,
exactly the same

From that special moment
when I saw you

To the moment
when I’ll see you last

The bond we shared
Is our secret, and ours alone
For you are my baby
And I am your Mother
Who loves you
like no other.


0 Responses to A Mother's Poem

= Leave a Reply